What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring back to iOS 5.1.1

suvasco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So basically, I wanted to downgrade back to the previous firmware, iOS 5.1.1. Why? Well, because iOS 6 is a bit of a disappointment for me. Apple Maps is terrible and I prefer Google Maps as I use gMaps on a daily basis.

I was also planning to jailbreak my iPad to be able to theme my iPad. So, how would I go about getting the 5.1.1 firmware. I have done this before on my iPod Touch. Also, would there be any hiccups in the restoring progress and end up bricking my iPad? And I also would like to know, would I be able to restore my data from my iPad currently onto the restored iPad running iOS 5.1.1?

Thanks in advance,
~suvasco

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
suvasco said:
So basically, I wanted to downgrade back to the previous firmware, iOS 5.1.1. Why? Well, because iOS 6 is a bit of a disappointment for me. Apple Maps is terrible and I prefer Google Maps as I use gMaps on a daily basis.

I was also planning to jailbreak my iPad to be able to theme my iPad. So, how would I go about getting the 5.1.1 firmware. I have done this before on my iPod Touch. Also, would there be any hiccups in the restoring progress and end up bricking my iPad? And I also would like to know, would I be able to restore my data from my iPad currently onto the restored iPad running iOS 5.1.1?

Thanks in advance,
~suvasco

Currently there is no known Way to downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1.
If you didn't save your blobs for iOS 5.1.1, you will never be able to downgrade.
As for your data, that could be stored in the cloud and downloaded to a different iPad.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sometimes it's good too hold out and read comments after a new iOS release. Then you can be like me and decide if you want it or not.

Most reactions