What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restored from Icloud and icons keep say waiting

carbrad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just upgraded from my Ipad 1 32gb to an Ipad air 16 gb. Restored my new device from I cloud and everything went smooth from the old ios 5.1.1 to moving up to the new device and Ios 7. My only problem is many apps just say waiting and can not open them or delete them. They are just dull in color and they will wiggle but no X appears. Really dont use alot of them so want to clean up my new device. How do I get rid of them? Really did not want to set up as new device. Can you pick what comes down from icloud on a restore? Loving the new air although typing on the new screen seems flimsy. The 1 felt like a real piece of glass

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be possible this way:

Go to Settings - General - Usage - Storage, tap the apps you want to remove, and delete them there.

Last edited:

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes that and- I think they've done that for me from possible incompatibility or slow internet download speeds.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes that and- I think they've done that for me from possible incompatibility or slow internet download speeds.

Could you please expand on your post? I have noticed in the last few days that my apps and web access have slowed WAY DOWN! Are you saying you had that happen and then found a fix for it? Thanks so much.

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No sorry I was only suggesting if your internet connection is naturally slow that app downloads can hang a bit. You seem to be experiencing an issue with your internet unnaturally slowing down.

Most reactions

Latest posts