What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore without iTunes?

OP
G

gdgraham1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When entering DFU mode, my iPad shows the black screen, white usb cable and iTunes logo but it gets stuck there. Then my pc just says "Device not recognized". My girlfriend's Mac shows nothing...

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uh oh. Thats recovery mode.
Use tiny umbrella to kick it out, but if it doesn't get recognized it might not work.

OP
G

gdgraham1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope nothing. As soon as it should be recognized I get an error on the computer that says it doesn't recognize the device. No luck on the Mac book either... I appreciate the help though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Well, I'm no techie, so my advice is, if your really bothered about taking back to apple, even though you haven't done anything wrong, it isn't illegal to JB your iPad, you could drop into the bath and claim a new one on your home insurance!
Not really a fix, but it gets you over the problem?

OP
G

gdgraham1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update. I removed everything I could safely and then downloaded Poof to hide Cydia. The only thing that gave away that it was jailbroke was if you enabled Applications under Spotlight Search and looked for it.
I sent my iPad to Apple day before yesterday and I received my new one today.

stonecold

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey a bit confused, so on 4.3.3 will reset all settings lead to a boot loop and therefore can take it apple for replacement. Or on 4.3.3 it will do nothing all jailbreak stuff is still there? I get see some conflicting results on the boards.

Thanks

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey a bit confused, so on 4.3.3 will reset all settings lead to a boot loop and therefore can take it apple for replacement. Or on 4.3.3 it will do nothing all jailbreak stuff is still there? I get see some conflicting results on the boards.

Thanks

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...ll-content-settings-jb-ios-4-3-3-warning.html

It will lead to a boot loop. But, if the apple employee presses the home and power button for 10 seconds to reset it, it will boot back up with all the jailbreak stuff still there. Like nothing changed.

Most reactions

Latest posts