What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore iPad 1

dowalt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HELP!!! I have tried to restore my iPad from the Settings but it stucked in an endless rebooting process (loading over and over).
First trial, i got the message error 3194 which I resolved with TinyUmbrella (TU)
Second trial, i got the message error 21 which I could solve by putting the iPad in Pwned DFU Mode (or Safe DFU Mode):
Third trial, i finally got the message error 1600; I could not do anything to it. I have checked whether I was really in Pwned DFU mode (Redsnow and iREB confirmed it) or whether my firewall and antivirus were desactivated or whether I should customize my IPSW file with Redsnow; but there is nothing to it, I'm still stuck with the error 1600.
Any idea please?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dowalt said:
HELP!!! I have tried to restore my iPad from the Settings but it stucked in an endless rebooting process (loading over and over).
First trial, i got the message error 3194 which I resolved with TinyUmbrella (TU)
Second trial, i got the message error 21 which I could solve by putting the iPad in Pwned DFU Mode (or Safe DFU Mode):
Third trial, i finally got the message error 1600; I could not do anything to it. I have checked whether I was really in Pwned DFU mode (Redsnow and iREB confirmed it) or whether my firewall and antivirus were desactivated or whether I should customize my IPSW file with Redsnow; but there is nothing to it, I'm still stuck with the error 1600.
Any idea please?

If you follow the directions in this link exactly, you will end up with a properly functioning iPad on the latest version of iOS. You're lucky, as iOS 5.1.1 is the highest iOS for the iPad 1. This means that you can jailbreak again if you chose. http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Let us know if this solves your problems.

Last edited:
OP
D

dowalt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried it but I still got the error 1600... even though I have tried all my USB slots and disactivated all my firewalls, antivirus. The only thing left is the cable that I should probably change (I'm using my iPhone one because the original is scattered).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dowalt said:
Just tried it but I still got the error 1600... even though I have tried all my USB slots and disactivated all my firewalls, antivirus. The only thing left is the cable that I should probably change (I'm using my iPhone one because the original is scattered).

Try this.http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error1601
If it works, try the tutorial again.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should alway use an iPad cable and avoid old iPhone ones. Older non-ipad cables are well known to cause this type of problem.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You should alway use an iPad cable and avoid old iPhone ones. Older non-ipad cables are well known to cause this type of problem.

Also, I believe the OP's initial problem was caused by trying to do a restore from settings with a jailbroken iPad.

OP
D

dowalt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, I believe the OP's initial problem was caused by trying to do a restore from settings with a jailbroken iPad.
I believe so also...well I will look for an iPad cable (not easy to find accessories here though) and try out.
Btw, Scifan57 your solution on the apple support forum was the first I used...

OP
D

dowalt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,
It is ok now. The iPhone cable was apparently not the problem, I followed the tutorial instructions, but changed manually the host instead of using TU, now put the phone in Recovery Mode instead of Safe DFU Mode and it worked!
Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts