What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore help?

Vinny#1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I recently jail broke my iPad 2 on version 7.1.2 but have decided to sell it on but I am having trouble restoring it. I have restored it from back up which went fine, then i tried check for software update it does nothing but give me the spinning circle. I have connected to iTunes and tried to update to 8.1.1 which has downloaded but then it says preparing ipad for update but nothing happens?. I left this running until the iPad battery died. Is there something simple I am missing here?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you're talking about a jail broken iPad I've moved your post to the iPad Hacking Forum where it will receive more attention.

OP
V

Vinny#1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more question how long should a restore take roughly?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more question how long should a restore take roughly?
If you didn't downloade the update file to your computer in advance, the restore can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the speed of your internet connection.

OP
V

Vinny#1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done that already and I have connected the iPad and iTunes says it is restoring the iPad, but it's been doing this for a couple of hours now?

dcharleyultra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot your PC, and try it again. This recently happened to me with my IPhone 5s. Rebooting my PC was what worked for me.

OP
V

Vinny#1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah! The old on/off trick I'll give it a go!

OP
V

Vinny#1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Done! Thanks for all the help my first problem was I hadn't updated iTunes on my PC then the off/on trick worked straight away!

Most reactions

Latest posts