What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore didn't restore?

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to get rid of the JB and wait til it's more stable, but I have either ran into a brain-fart, or something else is amiss...

I plugged my iPad into iTunes and did a restore (or so I thought). I was under the impression that this would get rid of JB and put it back to 3.2.2. It went through a restore process (took about 10 mins), and when it restarted, it still had JB and the Cydia apps on it.

Do I have to do a wipe and then a restore for this to remove the JB and then do the restore from the backup I performed prior to the JB?

I think I am missing something...

EDIT: I figured it out. There are differences in restores. I right clicked my device and it just restored the data. I chose the right restore from the menu and it wiped it out and then restored.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts