What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore Apps by Apple ID?

gellerlighting

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

My boss uses his iPad for the business, but also has miscellaneous applications on there as well. Today he asked me to update the iPad to the new software available for it. Beforehand, I did a backup, although after upgrading the software it said the "restore file did not exist."

Sigh.:(

So, now I'm trying to find all the applications he had for it. I have it tuned to his Apple ID, so any purchases should be able to go right back on there, I just have no way of knowing which ones he previously had since the backup feature didn't work.

Is there a way to find what applications he's downloaded by Apple ID? Please help

Dan

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, when the iPad is connected to iTunes, click on the iPad name, then the apps tab at the top and see if the apps are there?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If that doesn't work, open the App Store on your iPad and click the purchased tab, all apps previously purchased will be free to download again.

OP
G

gellerlighting

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This worked for me, Gabriel1! Thank you so much! I wasn't aware it recorded them locally on the iPad or figured it would have cleared them. Thank goodness for the ID

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My mom's iPhone lost her apps when I upgraded her, too. When she went in the app store though, ones she had previously downloaded said "install" instead of "free". So it knew she had them before... :/ Any way she can get her apps back without having to manually search?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
My mom's iPhone lost her apps when I upgraded her, too. When she went in the app store though, ones she had previously downloaded said "install" instead of "free". So it knew she had them before... :/ Any way she can get her apps back without having to manually search?

Have you checked the apps tab in iTunes when it's connected to the computer.....it's possible they may still be there but the sync boxes aren't checked?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gellerlighting said:
This worked for me, Gabriel1! Thank you so much! I wasn't aware it recorded them locally on the iPad or figured it would have cleared them. Thank goodness for the ID

Great, I'm glad it's solved!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes this is what happened to me. My iPad suddenly had the whole iTunes on it. The synch new buttons had defaulted back so nothing to stop it synching to iPad except space. I'm trying to get rid of all my daughters blooming games apps.

Most reactions