What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore an iPad 1?

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just set up my Mac Mini so that I could store the iTunes files on an external hard drive. It seems to work, but I want to test it by wiping my old iPad 1 and restoring. Do I run a risk if it doesn't work? In other words, if I have to return to the original configuration for backing up on my Mac Mini will I get in trouble because the iOS for the iPad 1 is no longer supported by Apple?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just set up my Mac Mini so that I could store the iTunes files on an external hard drive. It seems to work, but I want to test it by wiping my old iPad 1 and restoring. Do I run a risk if it doesn't work? In other words, if I have to return to the original configuration for backing up on my Mac Mini will I get in trouble because the iOS for the iPad 1 is no longer supported by Apple?
It should work. Apple is still signing iOS 5.1.1 for the iPad 1. There should be no trouble restoring your iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keep in mind that restoring your old iPad has some risk of lossing non-native apps that were on it it. If those apps are not still available under the Purchased area of the App Store, or stored on your computer, then you may not be able to get them back.

I am, of course, probably too late with this caution.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that restoring your old iPad has some risk of lossing non-native apps that were on it it. If those apps are not still available under the Purchased area of the App Store, or stored on your computer, then you may not be able to get them back.

I am, of course, probably too late with this caution.
That's why i have my complete app library stored on one of my MacBook Pro computers. It has iTunes 12.6.3 installed.

Most reactions

Latest posts