What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore an Apple App

cronineugene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey there everyone,

Does anyone know how to restore, or return to normal the multitasking bar.

I had the Apple apps, like photos, camera, mail on the multitasking bar. A little person in the household was able to delete them. Now I wonder is there a way to restore them, without having to use the backup from iTunes.

I can still get them from double tapping the home button, to bring up the frequently used apps, though the apps can no longer been seen on any screen.

Any help much appreciated, ios 6.1 on ipad 2.
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey there everyone,

I had the Apple apps, like photos, camera, mail on the multitasking bar. A little person in the household was able to delete them. Now I wonder is there a way to restore them, without having to use the backup from iTunes.

I can still get them from double tapping the home button, to bring up the frequently used apps, though the apps can no longer been seen on any screen.

Cheers

Someone may have dragged some of the apps together to create a folder or placed them on different screens. Check for folders and swipe through the screens, I bet they're still there somewhere.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with ardchoille. The apps you mentioned can't be deleted. They have to be somewhere on your iPad.

OP
C

cronineugene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone may have dragged some of the apps together to create a folder or placed them on different screens. Check for folders and swipe through the screens, I bet they're still there somewhere.

WOW, amazing what you can find when you really look.

The adorable little munchkin moved them to a new screen, at the very end. I only have two apps down that way, so didn't think there could be more.

THANK YOU for making me lo further.

Found them and happy out now.
Have a great one

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

If that fails, you can go into Settings>General>Usage, the missing apps should be in the list of installed apps. The stock apps cannot be deleted from your iPad, just hidden.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone,

Cheers

I find myself a little confused (mostly over your terminology). So, apologies if I sound obnoxious while trying to figure this out.

My main confusion stems from your use of the phrases "multitasking bar" and "to bring up frequently used apps" - as those are the same thing. The doubleclick of the Home button brings up the multitasker, which is a list of your used apps.

So, could you mean the dock is missing your apps? The dock is the line on the bottom that stays the same even when you swipe to turn the pages. If the apps are missing from there, it's a matter of finding where those apps are on your iPad and putting them back on that dock.

We know that your iPad still has those apps installed because (1) you can't delete the stock apps and (2) you say they can be opened from the multi-task bar. So, now you just have to figure out where they are.

All I can suggest is that you search every page on the iPad, looking for those apps. They could be on any page (even in a folder) - it's just a matter of finding them.

Marilyn

EDIT TO ADD: Dang, I type s-l-o-w!!! :D

OP
C

cronineugene

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Ardchoille,
Thanks for that, i thought there wasn't a way to delete the Apple apps, so good to know I have them.

The best to you,

OP
C

cronineugene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find myself a little confused (mostly over your terminology). So, apologies if I sound obnoxious while trying to figure this out.

My main confusion stems from your use of the phrases "multitasking bar" and "to bring up frequently used apps" - as those are the same thing. The doubleclick of the Home button brings up the multitasker, which is a list of your used apps.

So, could you mean the dock is missing your apps? The dock is the line on the bottom that stays the same even when you swipe to turn the pages. If the apps are missing from there, it's a matter of finding where those apps are on your iPad and putting them back on that dock.

We know that your iPad still has those apps installed because (1) you can't delete the stock apps and (2) you say they can be opened from the multi-task bar. So, now you just have to figure out where they are.

All I can suggest is that you search every page on the iPad, looking for those apps. They could be on any page (even in a folder) - it's just a matter of finding them.

Marilyn

EDIT TO ADD: Dang, I type s-l-o-w!!! :D

Hello Mickey,
YES, you are right, I meant the DOCK bar. Ah well, i suppose i can't even be right about that bit, then i do need help, lol.

All good, found them, thanks to you all for being informative - sometimes i wish i had the skill of a 2.5 year old.

I think she knows more than me about the ipad. Have a great day
Thanks to you all on forums.
Cheers

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ardchoille,
Thanks for that, i thought there wasn't a way to delete the Apple apps, so good to know I have them.

The best to you,

Yep, as others have stated, you can't delete stock apps. I'm glad you got that issue sorted! It's amazing what children can accomplish just by accident :)

OP
C

cronineugene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Mickey,o
YES, you are right, I meant the DOCK bar. Ah well, i suppose i can't even be right about that bit, then i do need help, lol.

All good, found them, thanks to you all for being informative - sometimes i wish i had the skill of a 2.5 year old.

I think she knows more than me about the ipad. Have a great day
Thanks to you all on forums.
Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts