What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restarting my ipad

bookmanjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this normal? I read here that to restart I need to hold down the power key until red slider bar appears. That does not work. If I hold it down the power button along with the top button, it does appear and I can power it down. But it wont start back up unless I attach the power cord, even though I have 50% charge. This has happened twice. Normal or not?
Thanks,
Joe

Reaction score
This may be a slight confusion.

The power button is the one on top, located at the upper edge, opposite the audiojack. The Home button is the one located below the lower end of the screen with the square-symbol on it.

To reboot, the power button has to be pressed for 5 seconds and then just slide across the red bar. To restart, you usually have to press the power button for a second or two, then the white Apple logo appears.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
This may be a slight confusion.

The power button is the one on top, located at the upper edge, opposite the audiojack. The Home button is the one located below the lower end of the screen with the square-symbol on it.

To reboot, the power button has to be pressed for 5 seconds and then just slide across the red bar. To restart, you usually have to press the power button for a second or two, then the white Apple logo appears.

Note: The "power button" is also known as the "Sleep/Wake" button if you are using the diagram from the iPad manual.

uniquename

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not quite the right thread...but...

How often should I reboot? I just did, but it had been about a month I think.

Most reactions