What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restarting ipad air - low memory under diagnostics

godsidekurt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all! New to the forum with my recent purchase of an ipad air! Overall I LOVE IT! Couple bugs come up which are annoying. About three times now in various apps, the ipad acts like its restarting...flashes to the apple logo and then to the slidebar screen. Its not long enough to be a full restart and all of my apps remain in the same state when I return. I did some poking around and found under settings>about>diagnostics&usage>diagnostic&usage data there is a long list of crashes and low memory logged there. This got me thinking maybe this ipad has been restarting more than I had been visually seeing.

So first I wondered if anyone else was experiencing this? Is it an ios7 bug, something to do with my ipad air specifically OR could it be that I backed up and restored apps/data from my ipad 3? Thanks for any help guys!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.

I am not aware of any issues however you could do a soft reset ie home key and off button down until White Apple logo appears then let go. Failing that I would take it to an Apple store in case you have a hardware issue. It is not a common problem.

You could try a full restore and treat as new iPad as one or more of your apps may be an issue and or have not been updated to support iOS 7
I am sure our team of resident moderators and other users will add their comments just give them time.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all! New to the forum with my recent purchase of an ipad air! Overall I LOVE IT! Couple bugs come up which are annoying. About three times now in various apps, the ipad acts like its restarting...flashes to the apple logo and then to the slidebar screen. Its not long enough to be a full restart and all of my apps remain in the same state when I return. I did some poking around and found under settings>about>diagnostics&usage>diagnostic&usage data there is a long list of crashes and low memory logged there. This got me thinking maybe this ipad has been restarting more than I had been visually seeing.

So first I wondered if anyone else was experiencing this? Is it an ios7 bug, something to do with my ipad air specifically OR could it be that I backed up and restored apps/data from my ipad 3? Thanks for any help guys!

Anyway, 1 gb of RAM iz not good anymore..but Apple act like..... Well, ios7 is more demanding and 1gb is not enough..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts