What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resetting ipad dosent work?

yank30265

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I reset my Ipad it still shows the guys name from who i bought it. how do I do a REAL reset? All the resets on utube dont work and the reset tab dosent do it. Holding down the on/off and other button still this guys email is there. I cant use it if his email is there. i reset iut over the phone once then it was fine; hooked it up to itunes yesterday; it backed up now his email is back and mine dosent work. Any help?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I reset my Ipad it still shows the guys name from who i bought it. how do I do a REAL reset? All the resets on utube dont work and the reset tab dosent do it. Holding down the on/off and other button still this guys email is there. I cant use it if his email is there. i reset iut over the phone once then it was fine; hooked it up to itunes yesterday; it backed up now his email is back and mine dosent work. Any help?

Do you mean that his email account is still on the ipad? Have you tried to go into settings - mail/contacts/calendars and delete the mail account?

Also, resetting a device is by pressing the power switch and the home buttons until the iPad until you see the apple logo and it shuts off.

Still need a little more info to understand your issue. However, you may even consider returning the iPad back to factory settings if his info is still on there, but please respond before doing this last suggestion! That would be going back to settings/general/reset/erase all settings.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yank30265 said:

There's only one way to ensure that everything on the iPad from the previous owner is erased. Go to Settings>General>Reset> Erase All Content and Settings. This will restore your iPad to factory settings, just as it was when first bought. You can then load your apps, music, videos, email, etc. on to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts