What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reporting an app that crashes to the app store

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had an app that worked fine until it was updated. Now when I open it, it opens for a few seconds and then goes away. Tried uninstalling & then reinstalling. Same result. Contacted the developer thru the app store, but my question is how does one report this to apple?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum,

When apps are updated, sometimes this is when a glitch will come to light, getting in touch with the developer is the best recourse here to inform them what is going awry. You will usually see the app given another update to address the bug. You can of course get in touch with Apple for a refund on an app which does not perform the way it is advertised.
http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/apps/
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/6539-how-get-refund-app-itunes-store.html

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. See if it is now operating if not a restart and or reset may be needed. A reset in this case will not change anything on your iPad and is akin to rebooting a PC.

Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know if any of the above steps works for you.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
Docvan

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but I tried all of those before I asked my question. The app store support help pages do not seem to have a quick way of submitting a crash report. The developer said the upgrade worked on all of his/her devices and that apple approved the release of the update, but I infered that I wasn't the only updater that reported the problem. So how does one report a problem with an app acquired thru the app store to apple?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Docvan said:
Thanks for the advice, but I tried all of those before I asked my question. The app store support help pages do not seem to have a quick way of submitting a crash report. The developer said the upgrade worked on all of his/her devices and that apple approved the release of the update, but I infered that I wasn't the only updater that reported the problem. So how does one report a problem with an app acquired thru the app store to apple?

May I ask which iPad you have? Also can you tell me the app.
mailto:[email protected]

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Last edited:
OP
Docvan

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3rd gen (retina display), 64GB, 4G & wifi. The app is RPN-45 HD. Thanks for providing the email address.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Docvan said:
I have an iPad 3rd gen (retina display), 64GB, 4G & wifi. The app is RPN-45 HD. Thanks for providing the email address.

This is about the app here....the developer has now posted on the app not to do the update as there have been reports of a problem.

It is in the best interest of the Developer to get another update out to fix this bug and only time will tell. Hope it's soon for you.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts