Although at home many of us know what a great time-waster and entertainment device the iPad can be, apparently it's good for more than just relaxing and fun & games. It's really good for productivity as well. A new report from mobile enterprise software vendor Good Technology claims that the iPad now accounts for 91% of all tablet use in the enterprise sector.
This figure was based upon enterprise tablet activations in the fourth quarter of 2013. Here's a quote with a few more statistics:
Sound off and let us know how you fit into these statistics. Do you use your iPad for productivity, fun or both?
- 46.8% of those activations where in the FINANCIAL SERVICES
- 13.8% were in the BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- 9.4% were in MANUFACTURING
- The number is up slightly from last quarter
- Only 8.6% of Enterprise Tablet activations were Android tablets
Source: GOOD TECHNOLOGY (PDF)