For the past months, we've seen a good deal of rumors related to the launch of the next-gen iPad tablets. But now comes fresh information from TheMichaelReport publication which claims to know pretty much all there is to know about the next generation iPad Air.
However, the story doesn't disclose any details related to the iPad Mini 3 and also says that Apple doesn't plan to release the iPad Pro this year and that they didn't hear anything related to this. Here are the main specs and features of the iPad Air 2, according to this report:
So, there you have it. The majority of these features have already leaked and this seems to be more of a round-up rather than a original report. What's your take on this?
- Touch ID fingerprint scanner built into the home button
- Gold color option
- 8-megapixel camera instead of the 5-megapixel camera on the first-generation iPad Air.
- The front-facing camera on the new iPad is getting upgraded to FaceTime HD with support for 720p video calling.
- Apple A8 processor, 2GB of memory as opposed to the 1GB of memory found in the current iPad
- The 16GB option will be ditched and only 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB storage variants will be offered
- Almost identical design to the current iPad Air, but the new tablet will be 0.5mm thinner
- One-row grill speakers rather than the two-row grill on the current iPad Air
- The mute/vibration switch is gone to keep the design super slim and the volume buttons are also more recessed
- T he quality of the screens should improve thanks to improvements in manufacturing technique
- The microphones on the iPad Air 2 have been relocated from the top of the iPad Air to next to the back camera modules.
- Apple is also launching Apple Pay for the new iPads