What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing the back case

2woozy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im currently trying to replace the rear casing on my iPad Air as it got bent and deformed when I had a muscle spasm attack and I subsequently dropped it, then fell on it.
Everything was going great ( there are some fantastic guides out there.. Especially iFixit's.. Good job guys ) until it came time to put everything back into the new case. It was then that I noticed that the new back plate did not have the metal collar that the charge port end of the logic board fits inside and is secured with two screws to.
OK, no problem, I thought, I'll just remove the one from the old case. ( maybe the guides missed that step )
Is this piece removable from the old case ?? Or should it have already been there on the new casing ?
I've removed all the screws, and tried heating up the area but it still won't budge, though it looks like it should.
All the pictures I've seen online of replacement cases do not show it, or they only show the outer side of the case.

Most reactions

Latest posts