1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Replacing a lost Ipad when travelling and restoring everything on a new ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Travel Forum' started by kiwiinaussie, Nov 13, 2013.

1. kiwiinaussie

kiwiinaussie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am going to be travelling for 6 months (with my ipad3 and no laptop). If I lose or break my ipad for some reason and buy another one, is it possible to download/restore (onto my new ipad) all the content, apps, photos, kindle travel guides etc etc that I had on my ipad when I left (which I will back up on itunes before I leave)? Could I log onto itunes anywhere in the world and do this? I assume not i.e. I assume that it needs to be the original computer that I backed up to? I do not use the cloud backup - is this the only way I can achieve what I am after. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    If you are backed up to a computer, then there is no way I know of that you can recover if you are on travel and away from the computer you backed up to.
  3. carbrad

carbrad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Use the cloud back up! It is amazing and your new device will set up just like the lost or broken one. Even the settings and lock screens come back down. You will be able to download and go