What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement version

carpanta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my iPad 2 is ten days old and I was planning to ask apple for a replacement next week due to poor backlight uniformity (left side of screen is yellowish and way darker than right side), this is noticeable with every white and grey background, ruining my experience completely.

The thing is I don't want to lose jailbreak, is there a chance that replacement units sent from apple will come with iOS v4.3.4? or maybe it is too soon for that?

...Excuse my english... :eek:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It normally takes a couple of weeks to get into the supply chain, but they will be rolling off the production line as 4.3.4 from now on...
Direct orders from Apple tend to show up first, followed by the retail units as stock gets exhausted, finally followed by store replacement units, which are separate from retail. Therefore, those getting in store warranty replacements usually get a good grace period for older firmware...

Best advice is don't delay if you have a fault!

OP
C

carpanta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Id assume its too early for that as most ipads i sell still come with 4.2.

I've spent the last hour trying to understand how shsh blobs works. If I understand correctly, I can't even upgrade 4.2 to 4.3.3 if apple stops signing this firmware, and probably this will happen in a matter of hours/days. So, 4.3.4 is not my only concern now.

Considering my luck I think it's time to say goodbye to jailbreak :mad:

Thank you both for your replies.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, my iPad 2 is ten days old and I was planning to ask apple for a replacement next week due to poor backlight uniformity (left side of screen is yellowish and way darker than right side), this is noticeable with every white and grey background, ruining my experience completely.

The thing is I don't want to lose jailbreak, is there a chance that replacement units sent from apple will come with iOS v4.3.4? or maybe it is too soon for that?

...Excuse my english... :eek:

Nothing wrong with your English. If something is wrong with your iPad then in my way of thinking you don't have much choice but to return it. Sooner the better chance of getting what you want. But I think there will always be a jailbreak for them but you may have to wait a while.

Most reactions

Latest posts