1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Replacement screen

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Niconyc, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Niconyc

Niconyc iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last week I discovered a large crack in my ipad screen. I'm not sure how it got there and my kids and husband claimed to have no knowledge:) Anyway, I found a place in nyc who replaces screens and had good feedback online. They fixed it in a few hours, but when I got it home I noticed the screen is really inferior to the old one - there is a sort of visible gridline visible under the glass. Has anyone experienced this with a replacement screen? I'm going to bring it back but have the feeling they will tell me its normal. There is also a lot of dust under the new screen which I hope they can remedy.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I have an iPad1 with an original screen and, for sure, if you look at the screen at a 'slant angle' you can just about see a visible grid line under the glass - it's very faint, but it's definitely there. But no dust....

Tim
  3. cypress

cypress iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would take it back and have them see if they can take out the dust under the screen. It really shouldn't be there.