1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Replacement for paper planner for logging events

Discussion in 'Productivity Apps Forum' started by Timely, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Timely

Timely iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the past I have logged brief notes onto the calendar pages pf a paper planner. These are often things that have already happened rather than future events, but future events are in there, too. For instance, I might write "sold 200 units" or "board mtg in Dallas-136 miles" or "ran 3.2 miles-31 min." or "dentist appt - 8:00 am". Sometimes I use different ink colors for different categories of events. When I look at the monthly planner page, I can quickly scan for what I'm looking for. Journaling apps I've seen seem to be more the personal reflections kind of journals with photos and pretty fonts. That's not what I need.

I find apps that are to do lists, fitness logs, mileage logs, etc., but I want it all in one place where its easy to scan. Suggestions?
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,975 / 1
    You might want to consider Evernote.

It's not a calendar, but you can easily view notes by created or updated dates. Add the ability to search and tag, and you've got a several quick ways to look through your notes for the one you want.

It is not a replica of a paper system. It's much more powerful, and you can get to your notes from just about anywhere.

EvernoteByDate.png
  4. Husq250

Husq250 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I use Opus Domini.