What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement for paper planner for logging events

Timely

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the past I have logged brief notes onto the calendar pages pf a paper planner. These are often things that have already happened rather than future events, but future events are in there, too. For instance, I might write "sold 200 units" or "board mtg in Dallas-136 miles" or "ran 3.2 miles-31 min." or "dentist appt - 8:00 am". Sometimes I use different ink colors for different categories of events. When I look at the monthly planner page, I can quickly scan for what I'm looking for. Journaling apps I've seen seem to be more the personal reflections kind of journals with photos and pretty fonts. That's not what I need.

I find apps that are to do lists, fitness logs, mileage logs, etc., but I want it all in one place where its easy to scan. Suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You might want to consider Evernote.

It's not a calendar, but you can easily view notes by created or updated dates. Add the ability to search and tag, and you've got a several quick ways to look through your notes for the one you want.

It is not a replica of a paper system. It's much more powerful, and you can get to your notes from just about anywhere.

EvernoteByDate.png

Most reactions