What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into

Modify_inc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the name of the board that the Power Flex Cable plugs into and can it be replaced? I think I broke the socket on this board trying to remove the old flex cable with all that tape around it. The copper that makes a rectangle around the socket has a small gap in the copper. I have ordered a new power flex cable and wont be able to test it until it arrives, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to replace that board.

Here is a picture of the socket and the board that will need to be replaced (not sure what the name of the board is though):

DSCF6186x.jpg

iPad 2 Disassembled 2.jpg

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
OP
M

Modify_inc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somehow I forgot to mention this, but this is a iPad 2.

joshty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Mike, hiya doin. Hope you can guide me through. I broke my iPad 2s power flex cable and I also need replace it. I was looking for tutorials online but there seems to be no videos about the procedure. I ordered a replacement cable but I don't want to be in the same situation. Would you tell me what you did wrong?
I would really appreciate anything you can suggest to prevent me from breaking the circuit board. Have a great day!

ash303

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called the WiFi Sensor PCB. It has the accelerometers and connection for your power, volume, rear camera and WiFi sensor (though not the WiFi antennae oddly enough).

Most reactions

Latest posts