What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

replace ?

rtcfrtc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 since they were released. It is one that has the light leek issue, which I read advice at the time ranging from it will go away to just live with it. I have AppleCare.
Lately, the iPad is doing a couple of wonky things, displaying the icons on the screen in odd configurations to not responding to taps until several taps or only responding to holding down for the open dialogue box.

I believe it's time to replace. is it possible to exchange at an Apple store or do I have to ship and wait? If, as I hope it can be exchanged, is my info transferable?

Flash_beezy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
Www.facebook.com
Take it in to a local apple store if you can.

Allow them to take a look and replicate any of the issues.

Also make sure it's updated, and backed up so they can't blame it on software.

If they indeed see it as a hardware issue, they should replace it on the spot.

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very happy with Apple and how they deal with faults with the IPads. Only had my iPad 2 for 5 weeks and because I upgraded to the ios5 software I had problems with the photo galary I took in to the Apple store in south land and they swapped it over for a brand new one.
Took me 15 minutes tops and I was walking out with a brand new iPad 2..

OP
R

rtcfrtc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash_beezy said:
Take it in to a local apple store if you can.

Allow them to take a look and replicate any of the issues.

Also make sure it's updated, and backed up so they can't blame it on software.

If they indeed see it as a hardware issue, they should replace it on the spot.

I felt that the light leak issue should be sufficient cause, yes? Replicating the newer complaints is more sporadic.

thanks

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
rtcfrtc said:
I felt that the light leak issue should be sufficient cause, yes? Replicating the newer complaints is more sporadic.

thanks

I returned my first iPad 2 for light leakage and received a replacement. There is still minor leakage along one edge where the screen meets the bezel but it's not noticeable unless I'm watching video in a dark room. Even then it's not objectionable. Then again for $800 (64GB + 3G you kinda expect hardware perfection.

You may wish to wait until mid December or even the New Year to replace. By then, new inventory without the leakage problem should be available in all Apple stores.
AA

macdaddio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have gone through my 3rd iPad in 9 months. First time I brought it back they gave me a new one because the software they couldn't fix the problem and thought it was easier to just give me new one , now I brought it back because the home button was making a clicking noise and they say they can't fix it because it is a hardware issue and it was easier to give me a new one.

I'm very happy with Apple.....

Most reactions