What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replace Battery?

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the first gen IPAD and it no longer wants to charge up. I tried a different cable and charger adapter no change, also won't charge when plugged into my MacBook Pro OS SL, not sure if the USB has enough juice to do so. What would be the cost to get a new battery put in, mainly use it for playing Scrabble and some general internet surfing. Thanks for any info.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have the first gen IPAD and it no longer wants to charge up. I tried a different cable and charger adapter no change, also won't charge when plugged into my MacBook Pro OS SL, not sure if the USB has enough juice to do so. What would be the cost to get a new battery put in, mainly use it for playing Scrabble and some general internet surfing. Thanks for any info.

Hi 06Honda - Scifan.. has already given you Apple's replacement option and I agree that $100 is a steep price for a 2010 repair of an antique, and would also recommended upgrading to a new iPad model.

Your only other options are to find someone willing to replace your battery @ a cheaper price or to visit iFixit and look at the DIY guides - you'll still have to buy a new 'reliable' battery and needed equipment, plus some skill and patience to do a likely 'difficult' chore. Dave :)

Last edited:
OP

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good points to consider. So with my current 1st Gen iPad using a Micro Sim Card, are there any newer models currently out that will take this sim and just switch over the card for immediate service. Some I think take a Nano Sim that is smaller.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good points to consider. So with my current 1st Gen iPad using a Micro Sim Card, are there any newer models currently out that will take this sim and just switch over the card for immediate service. Some I think take a Nano Sim that is smaller.
The current iPad models all use the nano SIM card. While it is possible to trim a larger SIM card to fit, one mistake and you've ruined your SIM card.

Most reactions