What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rented movies on an airplane?

saflerl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I rent a movie from iTunes, can I watch it on an airplane without an Internet connection, or do I have to buy a movie to watch it without Internet? Thanks!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have rented movies from Itunes also and have had no trouble watching it on the plane. Once you sync the move to your ipod or ipad, it is your's to watch without wifi connection. Works really well! :D

If I rent a movie from iTunes, can I watch it on an airplane without an Internet connection, or do I have to buy a movie to watch it without Internet? Thanks!

Scenicgreenrr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always rent two movies before my business trips. One for the flight out and one for the flight back. Was the main reason I bought the iPad. Even when the character in front of me leans his seat all the way back, I still have the ability to watch on a great equipment!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was curious, when you rent a movie how long to you get to keep it? Or is it set up for a number of views and if so, how many?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you "rent" a movie from iTunes, once you begin to view it-you have 24 hours from the time you start to you finish to complete it. You cannot put it down and come back to it after several days. You have 30 days from the time you rent it to view the movie. In the US it is 24 hours and outside the US it is 48 hours before the movie "disappears" from your ipod/ipad.

I was curious, when you rent a movie how long to you get to keep it? Or is it set up for a number of views and if so, how many?

TaildraggerJ3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I rented a movie, watched it and it disappeared from my list BUT there's still 1.55GB of video data on my IPad, How do I recover that memory?

TaildraggerJ3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HMMMM I went back to the video section and was told my movie had expired. When I re-synced with Itunes the 1.55 GB of video disappeared before my eyes.

Most reactions

Latest posts