What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renaming photo albums

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This cannot be done using the iPad's native Photos app. Instead you have to rename the photos, folders etc on your PC and then sync again. However, there are numerous third-party apps available that will allow you to do this (though they don't rename the photos, folders in the Photos app, but in their local file space). You'll find numerous threads on the Forum that discuss the relative merits of these third-party apps.

Tim

OP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I will take your advice and do it that way!

I have been standing on my head trying to rename it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I will take your advice and do it that way!

I have been standing on my head trying to rename it.

It's sort of annoying but I think it has to do with how the iPad/PC would deal with a sync operation if the iPad was allowed to independently rename albums, photos etc. How would iTunes then handle a sync operation because it would find that all the album names had changed and it wouldn't be able to recognise them as essentially the same albums that had been present previously. Third party apps don't have the same problem, of course.

But, still, it's annoying and frustrating. You can't even delete a photo in the Photos app that's been sync'd with the PC but any non-synch'd photo (say received by email) can be deleted before it's been synch'd - so the philosophy is sort of consistent is a 'screwy' sort of way.....:(

Tim

Most reactions