What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing sticker residue?

wingnut144

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad I purchased yesterday from Best Buy had a sticker on the back of it, on the aluminum surface. I tried to peel it off, but am left with some of the sticky residue from the sticker.

Can anyone suggest a good cleaning substance that won't hurt the surface?

Thanks!

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
two choices

"Goof off" from your local hardware store or old fashioned cigarette lighter fluid. Both work very well. The Goof Off is greatly more versatile and well worth the money. Takes fresh dried paint spills off baseboards and lots of other uses as well. Read the label.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just use a bit of sticky tape (or even the "light" sticky side of a Post-It) and gently try to lift the bits of residue off.

Some types of sticker residue can also be removed by heat, but you'd need to be very careful if you want to use a hairdryer on an electronic device.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I learned this from the guy who installed a windshield on my car a few months ago... WD40!

Mike4AU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be very careful using WD40 on plastics. It can damage the finish. In general, the OP needs to be aware that many solvents, like some of those already mentioned, can and do damage plastics.

Most reactions

Latest posts