What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing photos?

greylag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife has given me her old iPad 1, having just got herself an iPad mini. Being a keen photographer I want to use the iPad as a display device. I have managed to find out how to transfer my photos from my PC, but.......how can I remove them from the iPad (duplicates etc), I cannot find a removal tool. They seem locked in, unlike photos that come directly from an SD card.

Any help given will be appreciated.

Greylag

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife has given me her old iPad 1, having just got herself an iPad mini. Being a keen photographer I want to use the iPad as a display device. I have managed to find out how to transfer my photos from my PC, but.......how can I remove them from the iPad (duplicates etc), I cannot find a removal tool. They seem locked in, unlike photos that come directly from an SD card.

Any help given will be appreciated.

Greylag
Photos transferred to the iPad from your computer through iTunes can only be removed the same way, by removing them from the folder on the computer where they were transferred to the iPad from and syncing the iPad. This will remove the photos from the iPad.

OP
G

greylag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for your swift reply. I guessed that would be the way to do it, but it is not really obvious how to to it.

I have tried to right click ect, nothing seems to make the photos disappear. I apologise for being dim, I am dealing with a gadget that I do not understand.

Kind regards.

Greylag

OP
G

greylag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scifan57

I really do not understand how I did it, but they are gone!

I will take more care the next time I transfer some pictures.

Many thanks for your help.

Greylag

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your photos deleted. You may want to practice adding and deleting photos until you're confident about how to do it.

We're here to help with any questions or problems you may have. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to come back. With a worldwide membership of over 300,000, there's almosynalways someone who can answer your questions.

Most reactions

Latest posts