What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Apps?

Gossamer61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting near my storage limit, and some apps that were updating seem to be stuck in "installing". I'd like tos top these installs and remove some apps I don't need anymore. The trouble is that when I push the home button, the icons quiver, but the x's are not there. What do I do to remove the apps I don't want?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am getting near my storage limit, and some apps that were updating seem to be stuck in "installing". I'd like tos top these installs and remove some apps I don't need anymore. The trouble is that when I push the home button, the icons quiver, but the x's are not there. What do I do to remove the apps I don't want?
Go to Settings>General>Restrictions and make sure that Deleting Apps is turned on. If it isn't turned on you can't delete any apps. The stock apps that came with the iPad cannot be deleted.

OP
G

Gossamer61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Settings>General>Restrictions and make sure that Deleting Apps is turned on. If it isn't turned on you can't delete any apps. The stock apps that came with the iPad cannot be deleted.

That did it! Thanks!,,

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Couldn't reply with pm as I am over my quota and can't seem to get back to page to do that..also HOW DO IDO IT.

Was trying to reply to wifi outside in D &D, but thread was closed, so tried a pm and couldn't send it

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't reply with pm as I am over my quota and can't seem to get back to page to do that..also HOW DO IDO IT.

Was trying to reply to wifi outside in D &D, but thread was closed, so tried a pm and couldn't send itdde2d

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

Hi Betty,

When on the site in Safari, press on your Profile, when that comes up, press Send Private Message which is under your name and avatar. The page will load. Now on the left you will see My Messages with your Inbox and Sent items...under this is Edit Folders. Press this and a new page will load where you will see your Inbox and Sent Items in the middle of the page, you will also notice Empty Folder next to each and how many messages you do have. Pressing Empty Folder will delete all your messages.

Hope this helps you Betty. ;)

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Betty,

When on the site in Safari, press on your Profile, when that comes up, press Send Private Message which is under your name and avatar. The page will load. Now on the left you will see My Messages with your Inbox and Sent items...under this is Edit Folders. Press this and a new page will load where you will see your Inbox and Sent Items in the middle of the page, you will also notice Empty Folder next to each and how many messages you do have. Pressing Empty Folder will delete all your messages.

Hope this helps you Betty. ;)

Not sure I know how to get here with Safari. Usually use app unless I get an email to reply to..then I hope I can follow ur directions. Txs

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure I know how to get here with Safari. Usually use app unless I get an email to reply to..then I hope I can follow ur directions. Txs

In the app, tap "Messages" at the bottom:

image-1543861253.jpg

This will bring you to your pm's. There, choose a message you want to delete, then swipe to the right, and a red "Delete" button will appear:

image-4015810920.jpg

Tap it to delete that pm.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi Betty.....so you are using the App now! Good for you!

JA has kindly outlined the procedure for deleting your old messages. I hope this helps you!

You'll also find it in the App Tutorial I sent you. ;)

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Betty.....so you are using the App now! Good for you!

JA has kindly outlined the procedure for deleting your old messages. I hope this helps you!

You'll also find it in the App Tutorial I sent you. ;)

Came here thru the email not the app. Don't see messages at bottom,tho that Skitch post is very clear if I could get to the page he posted.lol. Will try the app. Wish me luck cuz I doubt if ill find this samepost

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got to messages with app. Keep swiping to the right but no delete button comes up. Cannot delete any

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Got to messages with app. Keep swiping to the right but no delete button comes up. Cannot delete any

hi Betty......are you on the app or site? If the app, you should be able to swipe to delete each one individually. If on the site, follow my directions above.

Most reactions