What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing apps from itunes library, but not from iPad

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to clean-up all apps from my computer, as I really don't have a need for a backup. So I would like to remove all apps by unticking the "sync apps" option in iTunes. But then it claims that all apps will be removed on ipad as well..that I don't want. Anybody any idea how to proceed? Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that would be a problem!

Have you considered getting a cheap ext HD and keeping your iTunes libraries on that, you would only need to plug it into your computer when you need to run iTunes. I do this and it works perfectly.

The Archangel

OP
D

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that would be a problem!

Have you considered getting a cheap ext HD and keeping your iTunes libraries on that, you would only need to plug it into your computer when you need to run iTunes. I do this and it works perfectly.

The Archangel

Cheers for the tip, and I already have an external HD as temp/scratch disk. Might as well use this. I changed the Media folder location in iTunes to external location, works fine.

But this is only in regards to the Media folder, right? Do you know a way to have the complete iTunes folder (c:\Music\iTunes) moved to external location?

Edit : nevermind, found out how to point to different library .itl location. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts