What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove Personal Info but Leave JB

docfreed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad2 that's on 4.33 and jailbroken - is it possible to remove my personal info (email/passwords) and leave it JB - I want to sell it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP. It's not a good idea to try and do this unless you very confident in what you are doing and ALSO are clear with the guy that is going to purchase it so they know the implications.

If you sell your iPad with just your personal details removed the new owner will NOT be able to effectively sync the device with their computer and iTunes because the partnership exists with yours. I doubt that is what they will be expecting when purchasing the device. They will need to restore and then will lose their jailbreak unless you have saved SHSH Blobs on Cydia, but I'm guessing that if you had those you would restore anyway. If you are commanding a premium for the device being jailbroken you are essentially selling them a pup, unless they fully understand the ramifications.

Most reactions

Latest posts