What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove Mail from Ipad?

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm one of those people who never takes the time to clean out my inbox. For years. Not a problem on the computer or Hotmail or Gmail, but it is now taking up too much space on my iPad. Of course, when I hold the icons down, the Mail button does not wiggle so I know I cannot remove it that way. Since I do not use email on my iPad, I was wondering if there is any way to remove it to free up more space.
Thanks in advance
Richard

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Richard - you need to tell us more about how your Mail on the iPad is configured, i.e. are you receiving email on the device from just one service or several (I have Yahoo & my Time-Warner account downloading to my inbox), and how are these accounts setup, e.g. POP3 or IMAP? Also, are you syncing you devices via iCloud which can at times complicate matters?

But for a quick solution, look at this LINK - also below is a screen shot of my Inbox in 'Edit' mode - once there notice the 'Mark All' at the bottom left (blue arrow) if you want to 'Trash' everything in your iPad's inbox; otherwise, emails can be marked individually by using the circles on the left; there are other options, some of which have been covered in this forum in other threads, if you care to search. Dave :)
IMG_5177.PNG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If there is nothing in the account you want to keep, you can delete that account from the iPad, and add it again. This will clear out anything that was being stored locally.

If it is a POP3 account, it should start clean.

If it's an IMAP or Exchange account it will probably reload the newest emails in each folder, but will only grab older emails if you go searching/scrolling for them. Eventually, the older ones will be removed from the iPad again.

Also for the IMAP and Exchange accounts it is a good idea to go to the Advanced settings in the account and make sure to set as many Mailbox Behaviours as you can to folder on the sever.

Most reactions