What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove icon home screen on the iPad.

sauloteles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have a problem: I can not delete an icon from the home screen of the iPad.
Tightening the desired icon and when all are shaking the 'x' does not appear to delete it.
How to solve this issue?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
If its one of the standard in built apps (mail, ipod, videos etc.) you can't remove it without jailbreaking.

Which app is it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
sauloteles

sauloteles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
The icon I want to delete is a site that I sent to the home screen.
But I already decided the question: it was necessary to enable 'delete applications' within the constraints of General settings.
Thanks, however, the interest of all to help me.

Nicole1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you tell me how you did this? I cannot figure it out.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you tell me how you did this? I cannot figure it out.

Hi, Nicole1! Welcome to iPF!

Would you like to know how to remove an icon from the homescreen, or how to add a bookmark to the homescreen?

Shinaynaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still don't seem to see the answer to the question, of how to remove icons added by "add to homescreen" are removed. Please let me know, thanks!
:eek:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Shinaynaye! Welcome to iPF!

They are removed the same way you remove/delete apps from the homescreen: tap and hold until they start to wiggle, then tap the little x to remove them.

Jsteele1956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't remove icons from Homescreen

I have a new iPad mini retina. Unlike my first iPad, holding down an icon that I installed does result in the icons jiggling, but does NOT result in an x popping up. Has anyone w the new iPad mini retina had this problem? What' s the solution?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new iPad mini retina. Unlike my first iPad, holding down an icon that I installed does result in the icons jiggling, but does NOT result in an x popping up. Has anyone w the new iPad mini retina had this problem? What' s the solution?
Try going to Settings>General>Restrictions>Deleting Apps and make sure that the deleting apps function is turned on. If it's turned off you'll experience what you just reported.

Shinaynaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you scifan57, I went thru and turned on my restrictions, and it still won't budge. They're bookmarks I had added to the screen...any other tricks?

Pallie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still don't seem to see the answer to the question, of how to remove icons added by "add to homescreen" are removed. Please let me know, thanks! :eek:

If you search there are video instructions available that demonstrate a very easy work around on how to remove an ISP icon from the screen or app bar along the bottom. If still curious I can find a video and share the link.

Pallie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'll I just used Safari to add a bookmark to the home screen. I then went to Settings: General: Restrictions and verified it was set to off. Then I went back to the home screen and pressed and held the bookmark until it jiggled and an X appeared, pressed the X and bam..gone. Am I nuts or is that not what you are wanting an answer to? If so I apologize and will shut my mouth.

Most reactions