What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove downloaded apps

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Press and hold the app you want to delete until it starts to "wiggle." After it begins to wiggle, you'll see an X in the left-hand corner. Press the X and a pop-up will appear to ask if you are sure you want to delete. Press yes and the app is off your iPad.

To have it permanently gone (although it'll still show in the App Store as installable), you'll have to go into iTunes and delete it there, also.

Hope this helps.

Oh, and here's a link to the user's manual - that'll give you some more basic tips on using the iPad: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/1268-ipad-user-guide-pdf-epub.html

Marilyn

Ketan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad, I want to delete a downloaded app. Press the icon, it wiggles but no x appears. How do I delete if no x appears. The problem is with all my apps, they all wiggle but none of them have the x.

Help!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ketan said:
On my iPad, I want to delete a downloaded app. Press the icon, it wiggles but no x appears. How do I delete if no x appears. The problem is with all my apps, they all wiggle but none of them have the x.

Help!

Have you checked Restrictions in the Settings App, deleting apps restriction is probably enabled.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts