What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removal of iOS5

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody know if it is possible to remove iOS 5 from an iPad 2 and revert to previous iOS 4. Reason 2 mainly used apps no longer work I.e Stanza and Print and Share.

Can this be done via iTunes 10.5 ?

Thanks for any input

Globalpad

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to everything I've seen so far, there is no way to downgrade from 5.0. You're stuck with it.

Most apps are in process of being updated to work with 5.0, give it some time.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had mine downgraded with my 4.3.3 blobs which was saved.

Sent from my  iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
G

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the feedback. In fact did try last night via iTunes picking an old backup file pre iOS 5 - 9 hours later no change! Will check out the link but likely have to accept the inability to print directly. On the web it was suggested the Apple have blocked apps that access the action button print function, if that's true then one has to use some convoluted way of printing or it's a new printer (no blo..y way, I have a Photosmart wireless but a 309 not 310 !).

Yes will wait to see if updates arrive or some guru can circumvent Apple iOS. Not pleased !

Many thanks once again for the input.

Cheers Globalpad

Ps No Stanza (Amazon !!) disaster !

Most reactions