What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Login: iPad > Mac?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know this procedure cold? It appears I'm most of the way to achieving this, but the iPad fails to connect.

I'm using the SFTP Function in Coda for iOS. I provide the address (the mac tells you what it is after you enable Remote Login) the port, 22, is pre-selected. Username is "me" (meaning..name of iPad) and the Password..I'm assuming it's the password of the User on the Mac you're trying to log into, but..it might be a password you store ON the Mac which refers to the iPad trying to log in.

Any thoughts? Mac is connected to local network via ethernet and the iPad via wifi.

Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it should be the user name and password that you created on the Mac. The name of the iPad should be irrelevant.

That said, I don’t own Coda, and havn’t used SFTP in ages.

Most reactions

Latest posts