What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote for iPad 3

showmetheway

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be using my new iPad 3 using keynote. I will need to lockdown iPad to projector via cable. I would like to have a remote forward slides. What is the best method. Yes, I have an iPhone 4, is that really the best? Low battery?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
showmetheway said:
I will be using my new iPad 3 using keynote. I will need to lockdown iPad to projector via cable. I would like to have a remote forward slides. What is the best method. Yes, I have an iPhone 4, is that really the best? Low battery?

Your wish is shared by countless others. Discussion threads about this go on forever at macrumors.

Presently you are unable to d this. Apple tv and mirroring are the next best thing I would suppose.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
showmetheway said:

I use keynote remote app on the iPhone. This controls the iPad so you can move through the slides. Also you can view your slide notes on the iPhone. It doesn't really have that much impact on the iPhone battery that I noticed.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8nobody8 said:
I use keynote remote app on the iPhone. This controls the iPad so you can move through the slides. Also you can view your slide notes on the iPhone. It doesn't really have that much impact on the iPhone battery that I noticed.

I thought it only worked with macs.....this is good news!

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
I thought it only worked with macs.....this is good news!

Only thing I forgot to mention is that you need wifi. It might work if you use the hotspot on the phone tho. Haven't tried it! Think I might just for fun! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts