What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Desktop

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an app that will help me control at least the volume of my laptop in the kitchen from my ipad. I purchased the mobile mouse app a while ago for the iphone. I tried running it from my ipad but i get nothing every time. Does anyone have any good suggestions??

bearswatchin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TeamViewer

Google TeamViewer, if the laptop is Windows. There is an app for the iPad for TeamViewer plus one for Windows. It gives the iPad complete control of the Win desktop so long as both systems are on the same network. I have not tested or tried it from a location outside my local network so can't speak to that use.

TeamViewer is free for personal use.

Jerry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If, for some reason it is iTunes' volume on the laptop that you want to control, the Remote app will do the job. If you are using Windows, I don't expect this is what you want, but I thought I'd mention it, just incase.

OP
D

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I downloaded both of them and they both worked amazingly. The team viewer is a remarkable product it, even though it took me about 30 minutes to figure it out. Its great. Thanks for the input.

iKarnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.adapt.com.au
Team viewer is great, slightly limited in some areas, but the overall cost for the pro version at $169 is a little high for me, I want a lower cost solution. The free version work great..... But wait there are more remote desktop apps out there.

lmcculley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation, I've been looking for quite some time. TeamViewer is just right!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I like pocketcloud a lot as it can do vnc and rdp. I have a desktop with winxp running iTunes for sharing my medias and downloading podcasts. This computer does not have a screen, keyboard or mouse. I use my iPad to manage it in case of adding new medias or updating the computer.

With the new iOS 4.3, all my devices can access those media and the apple tv is taking care of the tv and music in the house. I have to say, this is pretty cool to show off ;)

Most reactions