What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote desktop

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any app like LogMeIn that doesn't cost so much? I tried splash top and wyse pocket cloud, but they don't work if you are outside of your home network. Any suggestions?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Forward the ports, as Splash Top will say during setup, in your router to the PC which will be on and accepting the requests. All RDP apps will require you to forward the ports in the router unless the app explicitly states otherwise - like LogMeIn.

I use Splashtop all the time outside my home.

Splashtop has this all written really well on their website.

OP
A

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deckyon said:
Forward the ports, as Splash Top will say during setup, in your router to the PC which will be on and accepting the requests. All RDP apps will require you to forward the ports in the router unless the app explicitly states otherwise - like LogMeIn.

I will look into it and let you know if I have any problems. Thanx for replying.

Venzent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Teamviewer
Free for personal use and you dont have to remember ipadresses. Works on your local lan as well as over the internet, without opening firewall ports.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personal pref here but I have both and prefer splashtop of the two. Have it on mac and win7 and it just works.

OP
A

Ajooba1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deckyon said:

Hi, i did my research on the splashtop website and it says that i need an external ip address which i dont have. Do you have go pay for an external ip address?

allanroger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using GoSupportNow remote support service. It is easy to use and costs only $19.95 / month, next to free.

Most reactions

Latest posts