What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote desktop connection app

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love Pocketcloud's options to access files on PC but was told to use my google account to set it up. I am always wary of inputting my google password on third party apps. How safe is this?

mikos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Splashtop and it works really well. I have been able to keep my laptop in the office and just use my iPad at home. It has some great features like mouse control (via the iPad touchscreen) and support for external keyboards. With this combo, I can work with MS Office apps almost as good as a regular desktop. You need to install the client on your laptop and leave your laptop on. Then run the app on your iPad.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love Splashtop too. I find it streams movies from the desktop PC really well too.

matt.connolly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobiledataanywhere.com
I use iSSH to connect to remote terminal (SSH) and graphical (VNC) machines. VNC is built in to macs (screen sharing) and can be installed on PCs.

I haven't had the need to use RDP, so if you need that, I can't help too much.

Also, a colleague of mine uses the Logmein app and is happy with it. It's easy to use and set up.

Armani Qusyairi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop is the best. I use it everytime i wanna present my powerpoint. And i enjoyed using it. Just, i have to keep my laptop on to make sure the connection is connected. Hope the splashtop could do better, rather than let the laptop keep alive. :)

khun84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im a splashtop remote desktop user, cant say its the best but im quite pleased with its performance and the features it provides. If you do presentaion alot i would suggest you try splashtop presenter instead, as the remote desktop feature is intergrated in this app.

Dirkbiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i have had great success with Mocha VNC and Mocha RDP great connectivity to windows server, and my vista pc,s
Just been testing out splash top and it's a total breakthrough for full use of the PC remotely

rickyaliasgar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using TeamViewer to remotely access your company server from iPad. You can also try using gosupportnow remote support service in case you wish to have view only connection between your company’s server and iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts