What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote desktop connection and volume

Ipad24meandu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey All,
I have been searching the postings for some insight about rdc's and I have not yet found anything specific to my question. My current rdc client allows me to connect to my home computer and it even allows me to watch the movies on my iPad. However, I cannot get any volume through my ipad. I would love to actually enjoy the entire movie experience, especially with volume.

Has anyone successfully used rdc to watch movies AND been able to hear the movie they were watching? If so, what client are you using and did you have to configure your client appropriately?

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks all

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop works just fine and, yes, the audio is transferred from your PC to your iPad too. There's a Lite version that you can try (5 minutes viewing time) that's free, so that you can see if it works for you. Setup is a breeze; there's a free desktop PC app that needs to be loaded and running in the background and, of course, your PC needs to have WiFi - but that's it.

Tim

OP
Ipad24meandu

Ipad24meandu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Splashtop works just fine and, yes, the audio is transferred from your PC to your iPad too. There's a Lite version that you can try (5 minutes viewing time) that's free, so that you can see if it works for you. Setup is a breeze; there's a free desktop PC app that needs to be loaded and running in the background and, of course, your PC needs to have WiFi - but that's it.

Tim

Sounds good. I'll definitely try it out. Thank you for the help Tim!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jenniferdesuza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Mocha Remote Desktop for months and I am extremely happy with it. Very easy to use as well, though it's pretty expensive if you decided to get it from the app store. It is lite version.....

jenniferdesuza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Mocha Remote Desktop for months. I am extremely happy with it. Pretty awesome app, very easy to use as well, though it's pretty expensive if you decided to get it from the app store. It is Lite version....

Most reactions

Latest posts