What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders??

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the calendar and the reminder feature in it
It seems to work well although the alarm sound is a little weak to my liking and I have not found a way to change the sound the iPad plays
With the iPad I can only set appointments at 5 minute intervals and alarms are also in five minute increments
I often create appointments for astronomical events to the nearest five minutes on the iPad with the precise time in the notes field
After Mobile.Me syncs the event to my MacBook I enter it to the precise time and change the alarm time to one minute
The change syncs back to the iPad
I find that my iPad is always 40 seconds slower than my MacBook and that alarms sound on the iPad five minutes earlier than the same alarm on the MacBook

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use Calendar for dates and appointments. I use Toodledo for tasks and bills. I used to use Things for that, but I went rouge and needed something that would work on all my toys.

I use EverNote for everything else that is not time realated or a need-to-do task.

BTW, I've synced my MobleMe calendars to my Google calendar, which means I get those on all devices as well.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use calendar - sync with my iphone calendar and outlook.
also use toodledo and todo for note reminders

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I just use the Calendar. I have an Exchange account which makes keeping 2 computers, iPad, Blackberry all sync'd up cake. It just works and works well.

I dont use a todo list or anything else like that, so I cannot answer to that.

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
BTW, I've synced my MobleMe calendars to my Google calendar, which means I get those on all devices as well.

How did you do that? I find the Google Calendar the best all round tracker for me. I can get reminders on my cell (not an iPhone) and although I can get to Google on the iPad, what are you doing to take it to the next level so I get reminders on the iPad?

Are you using CalenGoo?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use the Calendar app.

If you set up a Gmail account on the iPad you'll get the option of turning on your Google Calendar. The standard GMail account only syncs your primary calendar. Reminders and updates are pushed to it just like MobileMe calendars. There does seem to be more delay involved though.

To sync multiple Google Calendars from the same account you need to set the Google account up as an Exchange account. I'll copy paste some links on how to do this at the bottom.

If you want to know how to get MobileMe calendars to show up on your Google Calendar, say so and I write up some instructions. But this only works for the website. The Calendars won't jump over the google hurdle and display as Google calendars on the iPad. Since they can't be edited the way I do them, it wouldn't be that useful anyway.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740
http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=139206

If you have problems with this, let me know. I have a more detailed write up around somewhere.

Last edited:

charles2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am happy with Voice Reminder App

Finally, I found the right app to replace calendar.
it is voice reminder app, faster than using calendar because we just record our voice into the app and then set the date and time.
Quite useful for me who have a weak memory :)
It's not a free app though, you need to purchase in app store for $ 1.99 if I'm not mistaken.

Reaction score

How did you do that? I find the Google Calendar the best all round tracker for me. I can get reminders on my cell (not an iPhone) and although I can get to Google on the iPad, what are you doing to take it to the next level so I get reminders on the iPad?

Are you using CalenGoo?

I did it this way
http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use 2do: Tasks done in style. I can set reoccurring tasks that need to be done again after a certain number of days, weeks, or months after they are completed. I can also set a task just for today. Alarms can be set for any of them.

I had shoulder surgery and have set reminders for my exercises that repeat every day at specific times. I am diabetic and set an alarm to remind me to test after meals.

Most reactions