What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have my iPad 4 and my daughters iPad mini on the same apple ID. How do I set it so she doesn't get my reminders from my iPad and I don't get hers from her mini?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is possible to use the same Apple ID for both devices (for purchasing and sharing apps and content), but use different iCloud accounts (for mail, reminders, calendar, and other iCloud syncing services). Sharing an iTunes Store account is allowed under Apple's ELUA, as long as it is for immediate family members. Kind of like taxes.

Using your Apple ID for Apple services

Under the App Store, iTunes, iBooks, and other store/purchasing apps, keep using your Apple ID.

Under Settings > iCloud set up a new Apple ID for your daughter. This will keep all your (and her) personal data separate. You can still choose to share specific calendars and reminders lists if you choose to; but they have to be set up explicitly in the apps (or at icloud.com on a computer).

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you! I will do that as soon as I get home!

Most reactions

Latest posts