What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminder disappeared?

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpeg
I went to delete a reminder I had and now seem to have deleted all my reminders?
Used the "edit" then touched the minus sign beside the event.
Dont recall ever having the option to delete all ?
. Quickly went onto another device and photographed all my reminders using the screen grab method.
Now I dont seem to have the tab for reminders anymore ? just "Tasks" and "scheduled"
Have I deleted the reminders tab??

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There seems to be a Delete List option at the bottom of the items list when you enter Edit mode. Perhaps you tapped that by accident. This seems to not only delete all the times in that list, but the list itself. It looks like the color and sharing options for each list have been moved to this view as well.

Like you, I'm pretty sure this is new, but I rarely enter Edit mode to delete tasks, so I'm not sure.

My preferred method to delete single tasks (as opposed to marking them Done) is to swipe left to right on the item, then tap the red Delete button that slides in from the right; so I haven't been paying attention to the Edit mode in the list.

OP
T

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet for looking into it. Its possible that I have deleted the list. Surely there must be a way of restoring the reminder tab even if you delete the list??
Anyone wise to this problem?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just add a new list and name it Reminders. That's all the tabs are, different lists.

Unless you also had Reminders set up with more than one account, then you'd have an iCloud and Yahoo, or some other header(s) over the lists. Or it's possible you used to have a Local account (on the iPad only). I'm not sure what that looks like these days.

OP
T

Thomasp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yer some man. Why did I not see that. I made the problem more complicated than it really was. I did not realise that you could name a tab reminders, or that the default names were just operating tabs.
Problem solved twerppoet

Most reactions

Latest posts