What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminder App - Am I mad, or is somethinmg wrong - or both!

Hugster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evening all,

I've had a look on the web and can't quite find an exact answer to this question, so here goes - does the Reminder app have to be _open_ in order to sync?

Details - I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4S, both running latest OS. The iCloud is set up on both and works fine - when I enter a reminder on the phone it appears on the ipad, and vica-versa. But (and here's the key bit), it ONLY appears on the second device when the app is opened. So for example, if I'm on the ipad on the train home and set a reminder for, say, 8pm, it won't appear in the notification centre of the phone until I open up the Reminder app - where it appears very quickly.

In the big scheme of things it is, of course, a very minor thing - but it's starting to bug me! Is this the way the app is supposed to work, or am I missing a setting? Many thanks for any help.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Evening all,

I've had a look on the web and can't quite find an exact answer to this question, so here goes - does the Reminder app have to be _open_ in order to sync?

Details - I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4S, both running latest OS. The iCloud is set up on both and works fine - when I enter a reminder on the phone it appears on the ipad, and vica-versa. But (and here's the key bit), it ONLY appears on the second device when the app is opened. So for example, if I'm on the ipad on the train home and set a reminder for, say, 8pm, it won't appear in the notification centre of the phone until I open up the Reminder app - where it appears very quickly.

In the big scheme of things it is, of course, a very minor thing - but it's starting to bug me! Is this the way the app is supposed to work, or am I missing a setting? Many thanks for any help.

It needs data to sync(3G or Wifi).
Do you have data on the iPad at the time you are syncing(over the air).

OP
H

Hugster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

If you are referring to the 'mobile data' option - yes, it's on on both devices all the time. The data does sync across, but only when the app is opened in the second device...

Most reactions

Latest posts