What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding Stylus for drawing

Texas_Mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I got that SketchbookPro a few days ago and tried a bit of sketching using my fingers which went as horribly as you would imagine. I noticed some of these posts talked about using a stylus for drawing..

My question is - Is there some kind of special stylus we need to use for that on the iPad or do I just go to Wal-Mart and buy any stylus?

Thanks in advance all.

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just make sure it's a capacitive stylus, I believe. I'm looking at the Acase or Boxwave ones on Amazon. They appear to be indentical to me... The Acase brand is $3 cheaper though, haha.

OP
T

Texas_Mark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks Dustin, not sure what 'capacitative' is but I'll make sure it says that somewhere on the package!

DDustiNN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It just means that it can conduct electricity. It's pretty much the equivalent of using your finger. The touch screen responds to the slight electric current in your body. So if you use something that does not conduct electricity (wood, plastic, etc), it won't work. Just like you can't use the touch screen if you're wearing gloves that are too thick ;)

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Faraday.com
they make fabric stylus's and also for artist, cheepest is $10 +shipping, but worth it.

Most reactions