What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding onscreen keyboard

clivewpg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I'm an Apple convert for the last three years, and now an iPad convert and user. I'm on a mission to improve the onscreen keyboard! A little bigger, different keys, different shading or coloring of different keys would help a lot! I'm not a programmer but am considering trying to find someone to do this...maybe develop a keyboard skinning or keyboard replacement app.

The best external keyboard is the Apple BT keyboard, but then it's an extra thing to carry around. I don't like any of the keyboard folios that are available, the keys feel too small for me.

The onscreen keyboard isn't bad, I'm getting used to it, but I really think it could be improved visually to improve its useability by having some visual cues (shading or coloring) to improve typing accuracy, which is the biggest drawback to the onscreen kb for me.

Will prowl through the forums for any solutions/suggestions...I haven't seen an App to do this so maybe we can create one!...Clive

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While any app developer could design a new keyboard for use in their app, there is no way to replace the system keyboard on a un-jailbroken iPad. So, while you could probably write a replacement keyboard you would be limited to the jailbreak community for your customers.

Most reactions

Latest posts