What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refurbished iPad 2's Available

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just make sure you buy the refurbished products from Apple, and not other companies. I have bought several refurbs from Apple, including my wife's 16GB wifi iPad and never had a problem. I bought a refurb iPod from Best Buy online and had to replace the hard drive in it within 2 months.
Interesting. BB is an authorized Apple retailer so the product should still have Apple's one-year warranty just as the new products purchased from them do. I think I would have taken the issue directly to Apple.

EDIT: Well, after a quick look at things, apparently the BB Apple refurbs may not carry the normal Apple warranty. According to their website they have this in their FAQ:

Q: Can I return a refurbished product if I have a problem with it?

A: Yes, our standard Best Buy Return Policy applies. In addition, a manufacturer's warranty may be included. See individual product pages for manufacturer warranty information.

But then there's this on a current web page for an Apple refurbished keyboard...

Disclaimer of Warranties. ALTHOUGH THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SUBJECT TO THE RETURN POLICY, THIS REFURBISHED PRODUCT IS SOLD ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.

BEST BUY AND APPLE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

So it's still a little ambiguous if you ask me. I think I'd check with Apple, but it's fair warning that refurbished items not purchased directly from Apple may not be covered by Apple.

Last edited:
OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why you are going for refurbished iPad. while ipad 3 is releasing
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

With respect to your question, all indications are that the iPad3 won't be available until late Q1 2012. With respect to buying tech, one could wait forever because there's always something newer, faster, shinier "coming soon". If the OP wants an iPad now he/she should buy an iPad now.

For those that would like to see when the experts recommend purchasing Apple products, this site has an excellent track record...

Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone

Welcome again and enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts