Refurb vs. New

Discussion in 'iPad Reviews' started by jtrosky, May 3, 2011.

1. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Intermittent BT issues? Anytime wireless communications are involved, any operation can have intermittent problems. I am not convinced this is a real problem. Sure, a screen blemish counts, for sure.

You can buy brand new iPads with these same issues. And if someone returns those, then they show up as refurbs. But people return iPad for more reasons than small issues. I think your conclusions are simply wrong. The idea of buying a refurb to save money is a good one. I recently got a Kindle Fire refurb, and it is perfect. I would except even better for Apple. Even though I dont' think you meant harm, I think this post will turn some off on refurbs and this is a bad thing, especially since you mentioned in the BT issue. Just accept that you got two refurbs you didn't like. There are people posting they they returned several brand new iPad for picky little issues. Some people just can't be happy.

2. Amp1216

Amp1216
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Just curious how much did that one cost the refurbed one

3. dedication

dedication
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    a lot of the tuime "refurb" is just an unwanted item, a lot of high street stores have money back garantees, so if you're not happy you can just take it back. Usually it's completely perfect, but the box is open so they have to sell it as refurb than brand new.

I too have always bought refurbs, can knock off $50 off the price tag, not bad for just an open box. Having said that a lot of people love their Apple boxes and like to collect them,.

4. desmoface

desmoface
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've bought a refurbed Imac (4 years ago), 2 refurbed ipods, and just received my refurbed ipad 2 wifi/3g 32gb yesterday...so far, all my apple stuff is refurbed and running strong. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Steve