What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refund on apps that dont work?

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get a refund on an app that doesn't work? I don't mean ones that don't suit your purpose I've just bought one and nothing happens when I go to use it. How can I contact the company responsible for selling it?

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get a refund on an app that doesn't work? I don't mean ones that don't suit your purpose I've just bought one and nothing happens when I go to use it. How can I contact the company responsible for selling it?

You mean like if you press the app,it doesn't open? If so,you should re-install the app cause the app crashes.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
shepherdscove said:

Report it to Apple through iTunes. I have done it on my PC, I'm sure there is a Report function in the App Store app on the iPad as well.

OP
S

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you I will try the report function. The app has downloaded and opens ok. What's meant to happen is a background should appear on my email page (when I go to create new one), but all I get is part of a pattern and the words "type your text here". Obviously I need to delete those words but when I do whatever pattern is there disappears and that's it-no background pattern!

OP
S

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An update for anyone else having this problem. I couldn't find any way to report the problem through iTunes on my ipad so i had to go through pc. I logged the complaint and was sent an automated answer from Apple, basically saying they would store it for their records but are unable to act on it! I was given the link of the company but funnily enough there is no way to contact them. Luckily the app was only peanuts and I only decided to follow it through in case I ever bought one that was more expensive. Seems to be that Apple wash their hands of any problems once they have your money...

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Possibly a case of not reading the description carefully enough, and it does not do what you had thought. There are rare occasions that an app splits through Apple's approval process, but as long as it meets their criteria, they are happy to have apps that just don't do much at all. As long as they don't promise something and not deliver. That is where user reviews are invaluable before purchasing.

OP
S

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it's not because the app didn't do what I wanted, it simply did not work at all! It opened, was supposed to load a background for me to type onto.. But didn't! Get your point about reading the previous reviews though. Next time I will take more notice, trouble is, it can be doubtful if there's only one review, you don't know if the problem has been fixed or not.

Many thanks to all who took the time to reply

Most reactions

Latest posts