What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reducing Volume On ipad2

Dusty Bin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been searching for an answer to this problem, but no joy. I hope you can help. :)

When I use my ipad2 with headphones, I sometimes like to listen to music with the volume VERY low.

Even by turning the volume down using the +/- button on the edge of the ipad and/or using the slider so that it almost muted, the volume is still too high for me. Can I reduce it any further without actually switching the sound off completely?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to reduce the sound any lower on the iPad (before it's completely silent), whether it be with the headphones or the without. Sorry.

However, take a look at the Music tab in your Settings app. After pressing that tab, go to the "EQ" line. I noticed that if I pick some of the options (with my volume set one click higher than mute - on my earphones) - the sound appears to get softer. For example, I noticed a very big drop when I activated the "Loudness" option.

Maybe that'll help, if you can find something there?

Marilyn

OP
Dusty Bin

Dusty Bin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to reduce the sound any lower on the iPad (before it's completely silent), whether it be with the headphones or the without. Sorry.

However, take a look at the Music tab in your Settings app. After pressing that tab, go to the "EQ" line. I noticed that if I pick some of the options (with my volume set one click higher than mute - on my earphones) - the sound appears to get softer. For example, I noticed a very big drop when I activated the "Loudness" option.

Maybe that'll help, if you can find something there?

Marilyn
Tried that and yes, it does go some way towards it, so thanks for that!

I'd still welcome any other suggestions.

Most reactions

Latest posts